The Hoima district health inspector Fredrick Byenume has blamed the fresh outbreak of measles in the district on parents who fail to immunize their children.
Byenume explains that there is a fresh outbreak of measles in the district. The disease is reported in areas Bujumbura division, Mparo division and Kahoora division in Hoima Municipality. Others are Kyabigambire, Kigorobya and Bugambe sub-counties.
He says that ministry of health and Hoima district local government are currently carrying out a routine immunization of children against measles, TB, Hepatitis B virus and human papilloma virus among girls aged 14.
Byenume says there is need for religious, cultural and local leaders to mobilize the public to embrace the immunization exercise.
He added that vaccines are free and available in public and private health facilities and challenged parents to utilize the opportunities to promote good health among the children.
Latest from Super User
- Medical Marijuana, Labour Externalization To Play Role In Post-COVID19 Recovery
- Have A Taste Of Mongolia’s Healthy Foods At Kabira Country Club Every Friday
- Fresh Dairy Urges Customers To Utilize Its Boosted Free Home Delivery Solution
- Women Are Key To Building Resilient Communities Beyond COVID-19
- Ruparelia Foundation Shares Christmas Love With Children In Orphanages