Victoria University has issued guidelines to its students and public to ensure that they safeguard themselves from the deadly coronavirus.
In a notice from the university’s faculty of health sciences, students are told to wash their hands regularly with an alcoholic-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
“Make sure that you and the people around you follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your hand elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose all the used tissue immediately,” the Ugandan university advised.
“Maintain at least one metre distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.” The notice adds.
Victoria is the first university in Uganda to issue a public notice to its students and staff warning them about the epidemic which has locked down the entire global economy. There are over 50 universities in Uganda.
Latest from Baz
- PICTORIAL: 5,000 Kampala Vulnerable Families Get COVID-19 Relief Aid
- Uganda’s Health Ministry Announces 8 New Coronavirus Cases
- Uganda Announces First Coronavirus Case, A 36-Year-Old Ugandan Male
- The City Gym Introduces Ballet Dance Programme For Holiday Makers
- Ministry Of Health Suspends Measles, Rubella Vaccination Campaign