Calabash Spa and Salon located at Speke Apartments on Wampewo Avenue in Kampala provides a variety of services that improves customers' health, beauty and relaxation through personal care treatments such as hair, massages and facials.
The luxurious spa has well certified experts in massage and other various beauty and health treatments. And among the services it offers is the pain reliving deep tissue hot stone massage. Deep tissue massage is primarily used to treat chronic pain and muscle and sports-related injuries.
Hot stone massage is used to help you relax as well as to ease muscle tension throughout your body. According to experts it can also be used to relieve everyday stress and anxiety, and to promote good sleep. During a hot stone massage, smooth, flat, heated stones are placed on specific areas of your body.
The heat of the stones allows the massage therapist work on deep tissue. As with any massage, however, massage therapy shouldn't hurt and you should tell your massage therapist if you feel any pain. Hot massage stones are heated to between 130 and 145 degrees.
The stones may be placed along your spine, stomach, chest, face, palms, feet and toes. Sometimes, cold stones are also used during a hot stone massage. Cold stones may be used after hot stones to calm any engorged blood vessels and to soothe the skin.
Latest from Super User
- Hospitals, Schools Get 3,200 Litres Of Milk Fresh Dairy Donation
- AfDB Approves $1m Grant For Uganda To Stem Ebola Transmission
- African Leaders At AU Summit Call For Action To End Malnutrition By 2025
- How Autotransfusion Device Hemafuse Will Revolutionize Blood Access Across Africa
- Uganda Budgets Shs25bn To Fight Coronavirus, Sets Up Inter-Ministerial Committee