A police officer attached to Hoima police station has this Monday evening perished in a road accident along Hoima-Kaiso-Tonya road. The deceased has been identified as Francis Onekariti attached to the police Canine section.
The officer died after the car he was traveling in, a corona model registration number UAW 750B lost control, veered off the road and hit an electricity pole in Kyesiga village, Bujumbura division in Hoima Municipality.
Onekariti was on his way to Hoima police station from Kyarushesha in Kyangwali sub-county where he had gone to arrest a suspected robber.He police sniffer dog that was also in the car was not injured while the two other occupants sustained injuries and were rushed to Hoima regional referral hospital for medical attention. By press time, the Albertine region police spokesperson Julius Hakiza was yet to brief the media about the incident.
Latest from Super User
- Guests To Wear Masks, Social Distance As Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort Reopens
- COVID-19: Speke Apartments Based La Cabana Restaurant Reopens
- COVID-19: Fresh Dairy Launches Free Home Delivery Services
- Goldstar Policyholders To Get Prudential Life Insurance Cover
- People In Slums Finding It Had To Cope Up With Covid19 Pandemic Shocks