The Ministry of Health (MoH) has Saturday afternoon discharged three (3) COVID-19 patients who have successfully been treated and since tested negative for the disease.
The three patients have been discharged Saturday from Entebbe Grade B Hospital at an event presided over by the Prime Minister Dr. Ruhakana Rugunda.
“The patients we are discharging today have spent 21 days in the hospital. It takes time for the viral load to go down,” Dr Jane Ruth Aceng, the minister of health said.
“In a special way, I want to say a big thank you to the health workers who manage the COVID-19 suspected and confirmed cases. You are our real heroes. Without you, we cannot get through this battle. Thank you and God bless you,” Dr Aceng added.
Dr. Henry Mwebesa, the director general health services at MoH said discharged patients were being treated using hydroxychloroquine and erythromycin medicine.
Dr Diana Atwine, the permanent secretary MoH clarified that the released patient ‘are not carriers and are safe to return to their homes.’
“This means that the virus has been eliminated from their bodies and are not infecting anybody. We can't release anyone who can infect others,” she explained.
Uganda has so far confirmed 53 COVID-19 cases with not a single death recorded.
The health ministry continues to appeal to Ugandans to live by the guidelines of social distancing, washing hands with soap and not touching their faces in order to infect each other with the virus.
Also, the public is encouraged to report any suspected case to the authorities for intervention and clinical management.
Stay home, stay safe.
Latest from Elizabeth Namuli
- COVID-19: Baby Rappers Fresh Kid & Felista Get Free Tablets To Study On Zoom
- Landlords Start Issuing Covid-19 SOPs As Commercial Buildings Prepare Reopening
- Health Worker, Truck Drivers Among 11 New Covid-19 Cases
- COVID-19: Speke Group Of Hotels Start Opening Its Doors To Serve Guests
- COVID -19: Prudential Uganda Commits Shs300m In Food Relief Aid