The ministry if health confirms seven new COVID-19 cases from 2, 532 samples tested on 11th June 2020. Three new cases were among 1,310 samples tested from points of entry while four new cases were among 1, 164 samples of alerts and contact.
All 58 samples of health workers tested negative for COVID-19. All confirmed cases are Ugandans. The total confirmed COVID-19 case in Uganda is now 686.
Additionally, eighteen foreign truck drivers (8 Kenyans, 4 Tanzanian, 2 Congolese, 2 South Sudanese and 3 Eritreans) tested positive for COVID-19 and were handed over to their respective country of origin.
Latest from Christine Mbatuusa
- Health Ministry Delivers 5.2m Facemasks To Kampala, Wakiso Mukono Districts
- Uganda Records First COVID-19 Death, A Female Medical Worker
- Uganda’s COVID-19 Confirmed Positive Cases Now At 1,000
- Uganda Continues To Struggle With COVID-19 After 23 New Cases Are Confirmed
- Uganda Confirms 84 New COVID-19 Cases To Push Total To 413 Cases