Uganda’s COVID-19 vaccine capacity has grown further after the country received 1,674,270 doses of Pfizer vaccine from the US Government.
The ministry of health said the donation from the US government in support of the ongoing COVID-19 vaccination exercise.
This, according to the ministry of health and National Medical Stores, is the largest consignment of COVID-19 vaccines received to-date.
The US government donated 647,080 Moderna COVID19 vaccine doses on Sept 6 which have since been distributed to district across the country.
The US ambassador to Uganda Natalie E. Brown commented that the these vaccines are safe & highly effective. The US has donated 136M+ vaccine doses globally.
“The evidence is clear: these vaccines are safe & highly effective & one of the most important tools we have in reducing risk of COVID & bringing the pandemic to an end,” the ambassador said.
Latest from Elizabeth Namuli
- COVID19 Depression: Leela Foundation Helps 80 Elderly People Rejuvenate
- Victoria University Permitted By NCHE To Conduct Online Exams
- Rotary, Stanbic Bank In Every Mother Counts Maternal Health Initiative Campaign
- Uganda Heart Institute Gets New Board
- NMS Yellow Fever CSR Campaign Targets To Vaccinate 40, 000 Ugandans